If you are running an SEO company or blog for any length of time, you should have come across the power and value of.Edu backlinks.
.Edu backlinks are not easy to get. You can get a backlink from the comment section. But those links are not going to pass any link juice and won’t bring value to the website.
Backlinks from Content Section give you the real value and pass the link juice. Academia.edu gives you the opportunity to get a contextual backlink.
Lets us explore academia and what it gets to get a free backlink from the domain.
Academia.edu is a social network to share research papers. You can submit your papers for free on the website.
The website was founded by Richard Price in 2008 and currently has 71 million users.
Domain Authority (Moz): 93
Domain Rating (Ahrefs): 91
Alexa Rank: 441
Traffic : 46.64 Million / Month
Average Visit Duration: 00:02:18
Pages per Visit: 2.11
Steps to Get Backlink
1.Visit academia.edu and sign up with your email.
2.Academia is about research papers – Write 1000 to 2000 word article in word and convert it into pdf (you don’t need any software, just google convert from word to pdf and you will get a list of websites and you can convert in minutes)
3. After confirming your email address, log in to the academia dashboard and click on upload. Click on choose files and select the files to upload. You could also upload multiple files.
4. After uploading the document, give a short description. You need to enter the Title, Abstract, and Author Names, and few more details like research interest. Click on Save and Finish and that’s it, your paper is published.
Is this that simple to get a backlink from academia? yes it is. Your article/paper will be published instantly. But they will review your paper and might delete it or ban your account if you are nto following the norms.
Do and Dont’s
1. Don’t try to create spun content. Write your own articles and make sure it is free from grammatical errors.
2. Don’t add more than two links from your domain.
3. Try to add links from authority websites like Wikipedia, and sites in your niche. This is will give an impact that you are not writing this article to get a backlink for your domain.
4. Try to link to the stats and numbers of your domain. This will give an impact that you are making a claim and referring to a domain to give more insight and as proof.
5. Don’t submit too many papers. If you are creating three papers a month, don’t link back to your domain on all papers.
6. It will get 10 to 20 days to get indexed by google. You could also build some backlinks for faster indexing. You could use Social Bookmarking Websites to get some backlinks. Adding the paper to some forums and social media profiles will help you to get indexed quickly.
Also Google: academia.edu + “Your keyword”. This will help you to bring results with articles written on your niche. You could follow them and copy their strategy to add links and content.